Friday 28 April 2017

Opening Scene Final Piece

this is my final piece for my post apocalyptic opening scene. I have made several changes from the first draft as I asked my friends, family and peers to watch and give feedback on how I can improve it. I had a lot of good feedback which resulted in me re-editing some parts of my opening scene and making changes which I think have made my opening scene much better and make it fit into more of the post apocalyptic conventions. I changed the following things on my opening scene;
  • used the colour correction tool to make my scenes darker and more monochrome. As In most post apocalyptic films the locations are dull with no colour to show its deserted and abandoned, I decided to change mine slightly so I decreased the saturation, lightness and hue to make it more monochrome dull but with a slight bit of colour so its not fully black and white.
  • I also changed the contrast of some scenes as after I had drained the colour out they were very bland with some detail not very clear, so I increased the contrast by around +25 to make the details stand out and more clear. I think this made the scenes look more crisp and professional too.
  • a third thing I did was change my credits. I firstly changed the font from century gothic to special elite as the original font was very basic and didn't fit in with the post apocalyptic theme. I also made the text slightly larger so it was more recognisable and readable. many of my peers said the white font wasn't clear enough and blended into the background on some scenes, but after decreasing the saturation and increasing the contrast the text was a lot clearer and I didn't think id need to change my font anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment